For Nervous Exhaustion
Herbs in Adaptan have been clinically shown to or traditionally used for:
- Patients feeling wired (anxious) and tired.
- Nourish the adrenals during times of stress.
- Support healthy pituitary and adrenal function to support resistance to environmental stress.
- Traditionally, rehmannia has been used for nervous tension due to ongoing stress and anxiety. Mechanisms for this may include supporting adrenal cortex activity, promoting HPA function and the release of steroid hormones. Adaptan is a non-stimulating formula with traditional herbs that have been used for low stress tolerance to help support the HPA axis and resistance to stressors.6,7,8 It combines herbs used for both restlessness and exhaustion.
- The anxiolytic effects of Panax quinquefolius may be caused by an interaction with GABAA receptors as suggested by animal studies.11 In vitro studies show that ginsenosides may also modulate nerve transmission by decreasing the availability of neurotransmitters. It has been demonstrated that ginseng extracts inhibit the uptake of GABAA, glutamate, dopamine, noradrenalin, and serotonin in the brain.
Adults:Take 2 tablets twice daily with food.
|Each tablet contains:|
|Extracts equivalent to:|
|Rehmannia glutinosa, root dry (Rehmannia)||2.5 g|
|Panax quinquefolius, root dry (American ginseng)||1.5 g|
|Avena sativa, herb dry (Wild oats)||1.0 g|
|Lavandula angustifolia, herb dry (Lavender)||1.0 g|
Free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.