To Support A Healthy Stress Response
Ingredients in CalmX have been shown to or may:
- Support a healthy stress response.
- Assist metabolism and synthesis of some neurotransmitters including the calming neurotransmitter GABA
- 350 mg Meta Mag® magnesium for extra replenishment during times of stress.
- Provides 350 mg of highly bioavailable Meta Mag® magnesium to be of benefit during stress. Magnesium, B vitamins, vitamin C and zinc are all nutrients required to be able to cope with stress effectively and may be depleted in chronic stress. The adrenergic effects of stress induce a shift of magnesium to the extracellular space, increasing urinary excretion and depleting body stores (Figure One). Magnesium deficiency adversely affects excitatory neurotransmitters such as serotonin and acetylcholine and is associated with stress.
- A double-blind, placebo controlled trial using 6.0 g of taurine per day investigated its impact on stress symptoms and biochemistry. This study showed taurine to inhibit the stress-induced release of adrenaline. Magnesium, B vitamins, vitamin C and zinc are required to regulate the stress response as co-factors in neurotransmitter synthesis.
- Zinc is essential in modulating the stress response. Zinc levels have been found to be deficient in people with generalised anxiety disorder. Exposure to acute stress increases serum glycocorticoids and induces metallothionein synthesis which consequently decreases serum zinc.
Adults: Add 2 level scoops (11.9 g) to 200 mL of water, twice daily.
|Each 11.9 g dose contains:|
|Magnesium amino acid chelate (Meta Mag® – Magnesium bisglycinate)||3.5 g|
|Equivalent Magnesium||350 mg|
|Potassium citrate||1.0 g|
|Equivalent Potassium||362 mg|
|Calcium ascorbate dihydrate||624 mg|
|Equivalent Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)||500 mg|
|Thiamine hydrochloride (Vitamin B1)||25 mg|
|Equivalent Riboflavin sodium phosphate||34 mg|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||25 mg|
|Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3)||25 mg|
|Calcium pantothenate (Vitamin B5)||25 mg|
|Pyridoxal 5-phosphate monohydrate (Vitamin B6)||25 mg|
|Zinc amino acid chelate (Meta Zn® – Zinc bisglycinate)||50 mg|
|Equivalent Zinc||10 mg|
Free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Free from artificial colours and flavours. Contains steviol glycosides.