Integra Nutritionals PreBio PHGG is derived from an inner part of the guar seed, with its fibre containing the molecules galactose and mannose that are broken down in the large intestine (or colon) to produce SCFA by the action of the commensal bacteria, the microflora.(1)
These SCFA are the preferred energy source for the cells lining the colon.
The type of fibre in PreBio PHGG promotes the growth of the colon’s ‘friendly’ bacteria which ferment the fibre to SCFA.(2) In this way, the microflora and the cells
of the colon exist in harmony, each essential for the health of the other.
Surprisingly, one of the greatest benefits of PreBio PHGG is that it can assist in correcting both constipation and diarrhoea in adults and children. In a study of children aged 8-16 years, PreBio PHGG was effective in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), improving the typical symptoms of pain, constipation and diarrhoea.(3)
Other studies have shown PreBio PHGG can lower glucose absorption, reduce fecal ammonia and the activity of beta-glucuronidase, whilst also increasing numbers of Roseburia, Lactobacilli Bifidobacteria and other friendly microflora in the colon.
Research on PHGG indicates:
- Significant butyrate-producer
- Increases numbers of Roseburia, Lactobacilli, Bifidobacteria and other commensals
- Suitable for Low-FODMAP diets tolerated by many SIBO patients
- Reduces methanogens, relieving constipation and IBS at 5 grams/day.
- Can correct both diarhoea and constipation in adults and children
- Reduces ammonia and indole synthesis at 21 grams/day
- Reduces post-prandial glucose levels at 6 grams/day dose
- Reduces microbial beta-glucuronidase
100% natural galactomannan-based soluble dietary fibre derived from partially-hydrolysed non-GMO guar gum (PHGG).
Serving suggestion: Add half to one 10-gram scoop of PreBio PHGG to breakfast cereal or add to juice, milk, yoghourt or milk-based kefir as preferred. Serves of 5 grams daily are suitable for SIBO and low FODMAP diets. Up to 22 grams have been used in chronic constipation.
STORAGE: Store below 30 degrees C.